Duck Tartare and Carppacio
2 Pekin Duck breasts, skinned
2 green apples
100 ml (6 tablespoons) 35% cream
50 ml (3 tablespoons) hot mustard
50 ml (3 tablespoons) Benedictin Blue Cheese (Abbaye St-Benoit du Lac)
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Salt and pepper to taste
- Coarsely chop the duck supremes.
- Peel one apple and slice into thin rounds.
- Place on a cookie sheet and dry in the oven to make apple chips.
- Dice the other apple.
- Mix the cream, mustard, cheese and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the diced apple and chopped duck.
- Mix well and divide among four plates.
- Garnish each plate with two apple chips.