Creole Seasoned Jerk Duck Breasts
4 Fresh Pekin duck breasts
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon oregano
1 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon thyme
2 teaspoons cayenne
Or you can use a pre-made seasoning from the supermarket.
- Score the fat in a cris-cross pattern.
- Mix all the rub ingredients together and rub into the breasts . Leave to marinade for 1 hour.
- Heat the BBQ and turn down to low and cook the breasts skin side down on the char grill until browned approx 2 minutes. The breasts will be almost black, this is normal,
- Turn the breasts over and cook for approx. 5 minutes more. This will give you a medium rare duck breast which will be pink in the middle. If you prefer a darker meat, cook for a few minutes longer.
- Remove the breasts and leave to rest for 2-3 minutes.
- Slice on an angle and serve.
Serves 4 to 6.