Salad with Duck Legs Confit
Asparagus and Raspberry Dressing
Chef: Thierry Daraize
2 legs of duck confit
(4, if served as an entrée)
4 small handfuls mesclun
160 g green asparagus
1 tbs. toasted slivered almonds (you can toast them yourself)
24 - 32 fresh raspberries, for decoration
1 shallot, finely chopped
2 tbs. chives, finely snipped
1 tbs. light honey (acacia)
1 tbs. balsamic vinegar
1 tbs. Sherry or red wine vinegar
5 - 6 tbs. good olive oil
16 - 20 fresh raspberries
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the duck in the oven, according to the package instructions,
then shred the meat and remove the bones. Set aside on a plate
or in a small bowl.
- Cook the asparagus in very salty water, then chill in iced water
to preserve their color. Dry on paper towels and set aside.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dressing, beginning, with the salt and pepper (the salt will thus be dissolved when the dressing is ready).
- Cut the asparagus into small 3-4 cm pieces, crush the raspberries,
and add to the dressing.
- Toss the mesclun with the dressing.
- Place the warm shredded duck confit on a bed of mesclun, garnish with almonds and decorate the plate with fresh raspberries.
Note: If you wish to serve this salad as an entrée, place a warm whole cooked duck confit on a plate with a portion of the salad with asparagus and raspberry dressing. Sprinkle the salad with grilled almonds and decorate the plate with fresh raspberries.
As a variation, heat a boneless duck breast confit according to the package instructions and slice into thin strips to garnish your salad.
Serves: 4 (served as an entrée) Cooking time: 20 minutes