BBQ Whole Duck
1 Pekin fresh duck
Salt and pepper
- Light BBQ, close lid and heat to high.
- Remove duck from the bag and cut off the neck and the wings at the 2nd joint.
- Remove any excess fat from the vent and pour out any liquid from the cavity.
- Thoroughly dry the skin of the duck with paper towel, if you have time leave the duck uncovered in the fridge overnight and this will help dry out the skin and produce a crispier skin.
- Place the duck on a rack in a roasting tin. This stops the duck sitting in fat whilst cooking. To save washing up, use a disposable foil tin.
- Season the duck with salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat on the BBQ to low and place the duck inside, close the lid and cook for approx 1 and 1/2 hours, until golden brown.
- Remove from BBQ and rest for 15 min. before removing the 2 legs and 2 breasts for serving.